The First eight years play a key role in a child's life as they begin to explore the world around them and, with the right supportive environments, home and school, develop important skills. These experiences that children have early in their lives affect their physical, cognitive, emotional and social development.
Children need to feel free to explore, express, learn and build positive self-concept. At ADIS providing adequate opportunities for stimulating experiences favourably affect various learning abilities. Based on this understanding, preschool curriculum aims at providing a cohesive approach to facilitate the unfolding of each child#146;s innate potentials in all the domains of development. The curriculum focuses on the developmental stages when children inquire, explore and discover a great deal about themselves and establish attitudes and competencies related to the learning that stay with them for life. It also aims to integrate the various domains of development with the expected learning outcomes in ways that are compatible with the natural learning behaviour of young children in this age group.
Aim of Preschool Education at ADIS: The overarching aims of Preschool education are
- Providing strong foundations for all round development and lifelong learning
- Preparing the child for school
Outcomes of Preschool Education:
- A child friendly environment where each child is valued, respected, feels safe and secure and develops a positive self-concept.
- Hollistic education addressing essential development outcomes in the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual domain.
- A sound foundation for good health, well-being, nutrition, healthy habits and hygiene.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills using receptive and expressive language.
- Creative and critical thinkers who collaborate, communicate and connect with their immediate environment.
- Smooth transition of children from preschool to primary schools.
- To work as partners with parents and community to enable each child to flourish.
- The primary stages of learning provide very important opportunities for a child to develop in the emotional, social, physical and intellectual arenas.
- Therefore, at ADIS, we recognise the child's capacity to construct knowledge as a natural learner.
- The knowledge, thus gained, is an outcome of their engagement with the world around when they explore, respond, invent, and make meaning out of that. At ADIS there is a strong focus on the process of learning rather than limiting their learning to facts. Their conceptual understandings as a continuous process promoted through effective pedagogy, where deepening and enriching connections are acquiring.
- Language teaching, the thrust of the new syllabi is on creating meaningful contexts for language acquisition. The approach to be followed for sound language teaching would treat languages as a tool to structure thought processes and to explore different realms of knowledge and imagination. It aims at creating interest in reading books and developing gradually the required language skills. The focus shifts to preparing children to express their views clearly and confidently about any language, person, object, place, and structure by analysing and explaining them at upper primary stage.
- Mathematics, the new syllabi emphasise reasoning and conceptual grasp at every stage. In the primary mathematics, weightage has been provided to areas like shapes, spatial understanding, patterns, measurement and data handling. The new approach uses hands-on experiences and utilisation of resources available in the child's environment. At the upper primary stage the focus is placed on number system, algebra, geometry, mensuration and data handling.
- Environmental Studies (EVS) up to Class V has been perceived as an integrated curricular area for the entire primary stage. The syllabus is woven around six common themes close to the child's life such as family and friends, food, shelter, water, travel, and things we make and do.
- Sciences for upper primary stage have been built around seven core themes — food, material, the world of the living, moving things people and ideas, how things work, natural phenomena, and natural resources. While integrating assessment into learning process, it emphasises on a learner friendly approach in the development of instructional materials.
- In the social sciences, the syllabi centre on activities and projects, which would help learners to understand society and its institutions, change and development. The social sciences components are reflected in the environmental studies at primary stage.
ADIS is second to no one in the successful implementation of internationally proven effective learning teaching strategies to ensure the holistic development of the child. ADIS follows the CBSE curriculum in its full swing to be a model school in the country. The curriculum consists of scholastic area which includes three languages, Science, Mathematics and Social science and co scholastic area of art education, Health and physical education.
The CBSE Secondary Curriculum aims to -
- enhance self-awareness and explore innate potential;
- promote Life Skills goal setting, decision making and lifelong learning;
- inculcate values and foster cultural learning and international understanding in an interdependent society;
- acquire the ability to utilize technology and information for the betterment of humankind;
- strengthen knowledge and attitude related to livelihood skills;
- promote physical fitness, health and well-being.
In an operational sense, the secondary curriculum is learner-centered with school being a
place where students would be acquiring various skills; building self-concept, sense of
enterprise, aesthetic sensibilities and sportsmanship.
IIT & Medical Foundation:
The very concept of ADIS is grounded in shaping, nurturing and guiding young minds to reach their goals, in an ambience that encourages enquiry and fuels the thirst for knowledge. And fostering this objective is met with the well-equipped infrastructure and facilities, the spacious campus. The general atmosphere of discipline tempered with care encourages minds to grow, learn and achieve.
ADIS has always been preparing students in a fundamental way. ADIS has been teaching in a comprehensive manner so that students do well in Board, NTSE, KVPY,HOMIBABA EXAMINATION & other Olympiads.
The Testing pattern of IIT & MEDICAL Foundation also keep on changing but the key aspect of this course is to judge the analytical ability of the aspirants along with the understanding of fundamentals.
Students having sound understanding of fundamental concepts & practicing varied types of problems will always outperform the students who confine their preparation to the exam pattern only, rather than understanding the concepts.
This program aims to prepare high school students intent on pursuing engineering or medicine as a career. A head start when it comes to gaining entrance to IITs, Medical and other premier institutions.
OUR SPECIALITY AND VISION:
- A parallel IIT and Medical foundation program without deviating from regular curriculum
- Syllabus designed to develop conceptual learning, logical thinking and developing analytical thinking
- Syllabus conceived from State/ICSE/CBSE
- Critical approach to problem solving & analytical skills
- Special emphasis on Conceptual learning with strong fundamentals
- Three Mathematics periods and three Science periods everyday
- Individual attention on students to excel in all competitive exams
- Micro Analysis of the students performance and progress at regular intervals
- Most experienced faculties from Kota and Hyderabad.